Our faith in Jesus and God’s love is our driving force as we strive to follow His example in taking the cause of the poor and oppressed. Children are a blessing from God and made in His image and we desire to honor Him by providing for children, of any faith, in need – exemplifying the love of Christ.
Armor of Hope Foundation is a Christ-based humanitarian organization committed to working with vulnerable children worldwide to achieve self-sustainability by providing for their physical, spiritual, educational, emotional and social needs.
The stats below illustrate the tremendous need for orphan care around the world.
• 153 million orphans worldwide.
• 5,760 more children become orphans daily.
•14,505,000 children grow up as orphans and age out of the system by age sixteen.
• 38,493 orphans age out daily.
• 10% – 15% of these children commit suicide before they reach age eighteen.
• 60% of the girls become prostitutes and 70% of the boys become hardened criminals.
• 60 million orphaned children in Asia.
• Deaths under the age of five are concentrated in Southern Asia; India and China have the highest rates of early childhood mortality.
• 10.2 million orphaned children in Latin America.
• Women and children are especially vulnerable in Latin America; under age minors represent 50% of people living in extreme poverty.
Defenseless children are often placed into precarious situations. Children are vulnerable and should have the opportunity for love, family, medical care, and education. With God’s help, Armor of Hope Foundation is dedicated to meeting the needs of orphans. We partner with organizations worldwide that provide support services for orphans to make them self-sustainable, from building a well, a school, or an orphanage. We want to be able to give financial grants to projects that preserve children, families, and communities.